Monday, November 3, 2008

Boring But Neccessary Introduction

Well, this is a complete first for me. I've never posted nor read a blog before in my life. I'm honestly not even sure that anything that I might have to comment on or write about will be of any interest to anyone. HOWEVER, more than likely this will not stop me, and you can choose to read it or not.

Because I'm assuming that most who will read this are people who are familiar with me to some extent, I'll keep any sort of introduction brief. I'm Robyn. I'm the mother to two children: Katelyn, who is 14, and Colton, who is 7. I'm currently single, having been divorced from my ex husband, Chip, for almost two years. Chip and I were married for 14, and dated for three prior to that. I work as a paralegal, specializing mainly in family law, and also am the figurative office manager for the office I work in.

I work with my best friend, Christy, with whom I've been friends with since age 5. She is the mother to my niece Victoria, age 9, and nephews Jonathan, age 6, and Jeremiah, age 2. They live just a few blocks from me. Christy and I have developed the bad habit of taking all of our children on outings. Now, these outings may sound like fun outings prior to leaving the house. However, upon leaving the house, the outings often become mentally and emotionally painful. You see, our children have what could be termed as a love/hate relationship. For the first little while of these adventuresome outings, things go well. It is long, though, before personality conflicts arise. Both Christy and I have children that have strong personalities. Usually, by the end of whatever the outing is, the end normally coming much sooner than it should, Christy and I have completely lost sanity and thereafter proceed to blank out the memory of the outing. Blanking out the memory of the outing can also be problematic as this results in repeated outings and thus repeated mental and emotional pain.

I also have other fabulous friends that I've known since I was 3, Janice and Sheri. Age-wise, I fall right in between Sheri and Janice, but have always been friends with both of them. Sheri is married to Joel, and has a handsome son Seth, with another child on the way. Sheri has also become a step-mom to Joel's kids Andrew and Sheridan. Janice is married to Matt. Janice and Matt live in Everett with their dog, Missy. Janice and Matt are SCUBA divers in the spare time....all of their spare time. Janice just got accepted as a volunteer diver at the Seattle Aquarium.

One of my other good friends is Leslie. Leslie and I met several years ago while working in the same law firm in Everett, and became friends right away. Leslie is engaged to Jack and they both work at Boeing. To summarize Leslie very quickly, keeping in mind this is not by any means a full description, she is everything I want to be when I grow up.

All right, I think this is enough rambling for tonight. I'm completely unsure if this is what is necessary and/or appropriate for a blog, but figured an introduction would be a good start.

No comments: